Sunday, April 12, 2009

He Died For Me … And More

As our minds and the attention of the world is turned toward the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus, I cannot help but think about what God has done for me in manifesting Himself to us through His Son, Jesus. Let us not forget that before He died for us, He lived for us and that, after He died for us, He ever lives for us to make intercession on our behalf with our Father in Heaven. (Hebrews 7:25)

I offer the few lines of poetry to remind us that there is more to the Story than a death and resurrection.

See you when the Saints meet, Lord willing.

Love, Tony



He Died For Me … And More

Jesus was nailed to the ‘cursed’ tree
And there He gave His life for me.
Not because of the good I’ve done
But for my sin God gave His Son.

When He was laid in a rich man’s tomb,
The devil covered the earth with gloom.
But Satan’s victory was not to be,
For this was planned for you and me.

He rose in victory from the grave,
To show the world His power to save.
And now He lives as He did before.
With God in Heaven, He reigns once more

Yes, He died for me on that ‘cursed’ tree,
But, more than that, He lives for me.
He gladly left His home above
To bring to us His Father’s love.

And now because he died for me,
And offered me sweet liberty.
I’ll live for Him until I die,
So I can live with Him on high.

tl – 4/7/09

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who Is Tony Lalli - Brief Bio By His Sons