Sunday, December 28, 2008

Renewal

As we turn the pages of our calendars over to greet a new year, I offer the following thoughts to encourage each of us to a commitment of renewal in our relationship with our Father.

See you when the saints meet, Lord willing.

Love, Tony

Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me. - Psalm 51:10

Renewal

As the last grain of sand slips from time’s hourglass;
     Or the hand of the clock sweeps past the midnight;
Again we will witness another year pass
     Into history as time hurries on in its flight.

Looking back on the old year at things that have been,
     Wishing for chances to change some of them,
I’m seeing that some of my past includes sin,
     Yet knowing my Lord says to bring them to Him.

I know my past deeds cannot be undone,
     So I look to the future, to what lies ahead.
By putting my trust in God and His Son,
     I’m determined to follow the Words He has said.

“Come unto me and follow My ways.
     Show others the kindness you want to be shown.
Be a faithful disciple for all of your days.
     Let My love be that by which you are known.”

“Let your light shine brightly to all whom you see.
     And reflect God’s glory through the works that you do.
So others will know: you are following Me;
     And be assured that My Father will glorify you.”

Yes, a new year begins with the tick of the clock
     As the hand creeps past the twelve o’clock hour.
But my life is renewed by faith in the Rock,
     As I live every day by the strength of His power.

tl 12/23/08

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who Is Tony Lalli - Brief Bio By His Sons